Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Psalm and the Shepherd

Some years ago, at a drawing-room function, one of England's leading actors was asked to recite for the pleasure of his fellow guests. He consented and asked if there was anything special that his audience would like to hear. After a moment's pause, an aged clergyman present rose and said, "could you, Sir, recite to us the Twenty-third Psalm?"

A strange look passed over the great actor's face. He paused for a moment, and then said, "I can, and i will upon one condition, and that is that after i have recited it, you, my friend, will do the same."

Impressively, the great actor began the Psalm, His voice and intonation were perfect. He held the audience spellbound, and, as he finished, a great burst of applause broke from the guests. Then, as it died away, the aged clergyman arose and began to recite. His voice was not remarkable; his intonation was not faultless. When he had finished, no sound of applause broke the silence, but
there was not a dry eye in the room, and many heads and hearts were bowed in reverential awe.

The great actor rose to his feet again, His voice shook with uncontrollable emotion as he laid his hand upon the shoulder of the aged clergyman and said to the audience, "I have reached your eyes and ears, my friends. This man has reached your hearts. The difference is just this - I know the twenty-third Psalm, but He knows the Shepherd!"

Dear Reader, Do you know the Shepherd or have you been wondering far away like a sheep having no Shepherd, "Mt 9:36 says But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd". There is One who is called the Shepherd and the Bishop of Our Soul "1Pe 2:25 confirms this, For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls." and He is the Good Shepherd  "John 10:11 assured us of that,  I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep."

The Field is wide open and there are many predators out there for your Soul But there is always the Good Shepherd who is calling out for the Sheep and will receive as Many sheep that hears His Voice and Returns to Him in Total Repentance and Submission (Matthew 11 vs 28 - 29) So that He can lead them To The Green Pastures and Perfect the Twenty-Third Psalm in their Lives.
 1 ¶ The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. AMEN.
Do You Like This Blog's Posts? Get My Next Life Transforming Posts Directly from your Inbox for Free and discover wonderful, Inspiring and informative Messages that will assist You on Your Life's Journey From Earth to Eternity - GOD BLESS YOU!

No comments: